Fans on the Beltran Debacle

Friday, January 15, 2010


Some fans commenting on the Beltran story have this to say:

...You know what? I’m tired of this fiasco of an organization. They’ve taken all the fun out of rooting for a team. They actually make it harder to root for the team. Some teams have their ups and downs but there is NO reason why a team that plays in the capital of the world has to be this inept. I am at my wits end. The only positive for me is I can make a choice not to follow or have anything to do with the Mets because in reality they don’t pay my mortgage. They are suppose to add to my life as an entertainment, not make me miserable. With that being said I can also say, (at least for the time being) I will always root for them...

...Dear Wilpons,
Do you understand how difficult you’re making it to be a Mets fan? Its been one day of shenanigans, in the off season remind you, and I’ve already had a dozen non-Met fans bust my chops. Ponder on that, Mr. Savvy Businessmen...

...It seems to me that Management didnt want Beltran to have surgery because it might affect ticket sales. If this is true, this is disgusting. Carlos is a human being not just an expendable asset. I’m glad Carlos stood up for himself and took care of his body...

...If you don´t like your players or management, you can scream to ownership for change. If the owners are causing the problem, what are your options? Follow the team but be dissatisfied (the masochistic approach); stop following the sport (the cutting-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face approach); or switching your primary allegiance, at least in the short term, to another team (the sane approach). I get the sense that a lot of Mets fans have been put thru the ringer so often the past 3 years that they´ve gotten drained of all optimism and positive passion for the team, leaving either apathy or bitterness. It´s going to take a lot of winning and a lot of effort on the part of mgmt/ownership to win back their fans this year. - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."...

...Take all the money you would have spent on tickets this year and go on a road trip to see them instead. You still see them play, but support them on the road where they really need it. You support the players and not the management that way too, and let the players know you still support them. Just a suggestion...

...The sad thing is this injury happened last June. Its been 7 months until he had the surgery. Despicable. How long did it take for Reyes to get his surgery? What is wrong with this team? They are carrying the same damned problems they had last year into this year...

0 comments: