A follower of mine, A. Marshall, writes, 10 things you didn't know about baseball this time last week:
1. The Florida Marlins will have their best ever start to a season, going 4-0 before running into the Mets' 5th starter.
2. Toronto will be the best team in the Majors after Opening week, with Baltimore second in the AL East. The Blue Jays and Os are a combined 9-2; the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays are 7-8.
3. All three Mets outfielders would have three hits in a game each for the first time since 1987.
4. Nyjer Morgan would be the hottest hitter in all of fantasy baseball, going 9/23 with a triple, 5 RBI, three steals and a walk.
5. Jordan Schafer would be the 99th player of all time - and fourth in the Braves franchise - to hit a home run in his first Major League at bat.
6. The Arizona Diamondbacks will host the 2011 All Star Game.
7. Mets great Tom Seaver will throw out the first pitch to Mike Pizza at Shea Stadium, er, Citi Field on Monday.
8. Brewers' catcher Mike Rivera would actually get to start a game.
9. The Mets would not blow a save during the opening week.
10. A fantastic future and bright career would be cut tragically short with the death of Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart.
And one thing we did know this time last week: That the Nationals would be 0-5 and on track to lose 162 games.