Well, it seems as if the Mets gather in the clubhouse after each game, pull their chairs close and sit in front of the computer...to read my blog.
They took a page out of yesterday's blog post by further showing us how to poorly play the unexciting game of baseball (these days, at least) and that they are staying away from a "win" as if it was the hottest new plague in town.
Welcome to Bad Baseball 102.
- John Maine earned himself a seat in the "Main John" in the clubhouse after a poor performance in which his location was, unsuprisingly, off. On second thought, if he was aiming for the Cardinal' bats then he was dead on.
- Do we really have to see Rick Ankiel's mustache each time he comes to the plate or touches the ball in the outfield? Looks like Jose Valentin's evil brother.
- All anybody was reminded of when watching or listening to the game tonight was the fact that Carlos Beltran didn't slide or that Daniel Murphy fell down in the Mets' previous game! Um, wasn't it a fresh start in a new game? Give it a rest, fellas. No need for it to play OVER AND OVER again in our heads.
- The 2 Mets players, Beltran and Murphy, whom if you did not know by know (hehe) cost us the game last night, were a tad prouder tonight with an RBI each. Nice to see them semi-redeem themselves. Or not.
- The bullpen did keep the Cardinals quiet for 3 1/3 innings. That aint too shabby.
- And finally, how sad is this? We're actually optimistic that Livan Hernandez will be on the mound tonight. And for our team! Gulp.