Y2Shea To Today...

Thursday, December 31, 2009


I must say, I started this blog in the beginning of February and I never thought I'd actually go this far with it. Or should I say that it would get this far (and this quickly). For me, I'm still in my mother's basement.

I never thought Mets Underground would get 7,000,000 hits a year, and frankly, it's going to come about 6,986,000 short. You can say my prediction is still going strong.

But for the few of you who, have returned through-out the weeks, are patient when I go on hiatus for days at a time, post a comment once-in-a-blue-moon, and have befriended me on Twitter and in the blogosphere, I want to thank you and let you know that I truly appreciate it.

Here is a list of the blog posts through out the year that I believe (mind my humility) were my best ones:

- I put out 3 posts revolving around Steve Somers.

One is about my overall analysis (and admitted man-crush) on the man.

A second includes a phone call between me and Steve shortly after my marriage in September. This convo was one of my greatest with the Radio Zaidy.

And a third, from way back when, another phone call, when Steve pressures me into a little bet, which I must say, had me come out on top when all was said and done.

For some dessert and from left field, I love the opening of this monologue belonging to Mr. Somers and presented the day after Christmas.

- I live-blogged an entire day of my life, which so happen to have been the first day I ever stepped foot into Citi Field (and watched the first ever Mets-Phillies game in Citi Field). I label it under: Humor. I titled it: Eli from Brooklyn in Flushing!

- A brilliant take on the YES Network Cast vs. SNY's Gary, Keith and Ron (and WFAN's crew).

- My first post ever (Re: Madoff).

- The NL East was caught acquiring weapons of Mets Destruction.

- A post I like to call, "The Yankee Tears".

- Thinking about changing the name of the New York Mets to ...

- My professed love for the off-season and my (awful, lol) 2009 Mets predictions for each player.

- A biblical-like post on Rookie Daniel Murphy.

- Comical analysis of Duaner Sanchez's career.

- Remember that guy who was abducted by Pirates? Well, I got comical yet again.

At this point, I got bored looking through my old posts. I was only in the middle of April, so feel free to prod around the section on the right for other admirable posts.

Until then, wishing all a happy and merry New Year's and the best to each and every one of you.

1 comments:

Kyle J said...

Somers clips/posts rock, lol

thanks so much!