The Dust Collectors' Edition

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thanks to Mets Police for snapping this picture in the Mets Team Store:



I would love to know their inventory turnover on the Dan Warthen jersey's. Do they sell one a week? A month? I cannot recall the last time I saw a Warthen jersey worn by a fan at a game. Does that mean the one Mets-Pitching-Coach-Wanna-Be - who actually bought the #59 Jersey - is sitting at home and writing out each and every pitch in his book?

Well, the only guy who fits that description (yearns to be the Mets' Pitching Coach and loves to jot down each pitch) is the same person who has no need for a Warthen jersey since he never removes his jacket...

...and besides, why would Rick Peterson want to don Dan's garb if Rick now works for the Rays?

In other words, I'll wait for the jersey to go on sale when Warthen is, inevitably, replaced.

7 comments:

Bob Levin said...

I'd buy a pair of his glasses... In a heartbeat.

Razor Shines said...

Was my jersey in stock? (go, go, go, buy one!)

wario said...

After Dan was ejected in Milwaukee, the Mets decided he was the only person that showed some fire, and that he actually cared about winning, so they thought some fans might go for that kind of thing..... Weird huh?

Eli From Brooklyn said...

Dan Warthen seems Jewish for some reason... what's your take?

Tyrone said...

I happen to have the same style of glasses as Warthen. If you can wear my old prescription, they're yours.

Bob Levin said...

Lol, I've seen your glasses, Tyrone, on your Twitter avatar. I think this is the first ebay transaction on this site ever. What's your prescription?

Asher Anshel said...

i think he davens in the same shul as my zadie in miami when the season is over.