Have We Met Before?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Santa Claus of the North Pole is reporting that Michael Baron of MetsBlog is reporting that Kevin Kernan of the New York Post is reporting that David Wright would like to remain with the Mets for his entire career.

Wright told Kernan:

“I’ve made it very clear to those guys that I enjoy being there. I’ve been through some ups and downs and I kind of want to see it through to make sure that I get the chance to finish the job that I kind of started. . . . It means a lot to me to be able to finish the job and do what I think the New York Mets are capable of doing. I don’t think we’ve done that yet.”

…Wright, according to Michael Baron, has become the face of the franchise and if he were to leave at any time, in his opinion the impact would be similar to when the club traded Tom Seaver which was devastating to both he and the fans…

...In regards to Jose Reyes leaving the team, I think fans will be able to accept that...BUT the team needs be compensated properly (i.e. - Clay Bucholz, Jacoby Ellsbury, and at least 2 other SOLID prospects from Boston, and more)...Reyes has not grown up or produced the way we expected him to by now and along with his DL stint - I'm kinda losing focus on how good he might be....Either who, let's talk in the offseason...

3 comments:

Smitty said...

Eli, you're usually WRIGHT about alot of things but I'm gonna have to disagree with you hear. Reyes is a once-in-a-lifetime shortstop. Please focus. You don't realize what you'll be giving up - and I don't care what you're getting back in return...

wario said...

rigggghhhht, and why dont you request the other half of the red sox while your at it!!

lets go back to the way we played baseball in '07, where reyes got and base and he scored in the first inning and we won games.... and we will be fine

Eli from Brooklyn said...

I'll take 2006, please.

Point is well taken - I'm losing focus, I tell ya.