Dough On Disabled List

Tuesday, June 23, 2009


Joe Janish of Mets Today writes:

Surely someone else has covered this, but I’ll post it here for inquiring minds.

Currently, the total amount of salary on the Mets’ disabled list totals $67,675,000.00.

To put that in perspective, it’s about equal to the entire payroll of the Minnesota Twins, and more than the total payrolls of the Rays, Athletics, Nationals, Pirates, Padres, and Marlins.

An itemized report of the Wilpons’ spending for the injured:

Carlos Beltran - $18.5M
Carlos Delgado - $12M
Oliver Perez - $12M
Billy Wagner - $10.5M
Jose Reyes - $5.75M
J.J. Putz - $5M
John Maine - $2.6M
Ramon Martinez - $750K
Angel Pagan - $575K

Let me know if I missed anyone and/or if my math is incorrect (I was an English major; numbers make my head hurt).

The salary figures come to you courtesy of Cot’s Baseball Contracts.

3 comments:

Luigi's Cousin said...

and paying Corey Sullivan 600,000 bucks to play in the minors isn't stellar either...

wario said...

ya your missing tim redding... who sux, so put him on the dl

Eli From Brooklyn said...

Watch your language! Refrain from saying "dl" in here!