Mets' Tweets Of The Night

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

.
What a great way to recap the action (in under 140 characters, of course):



.
Eli From Brooklyn:


  • PRIORITIES! Down 2 w/ 2 outs in the 9th, Wright comes up & Keith screams "Wright has another chance to keep the hitting streak alive, Gary!"
  • Alex Cora saw 35 pitches in 5 at bats tonight. If all players saw 6.6 pitches per AB, starting pitchers would be gone by the 5th inning.
  • Keith Hernandez just said, "you can't win them all." Are you kidding me? We're barely close to winning 55% of them.
  • Eli's Sports Bureau says, "Met fans are leading the league in hairs pulled out due to team frustration. By a large, large margin."
  • SNY claims that Adam Schein & Chris Carlin "are animated, lively & downright entertaining" in SNYs LoudMouths. I just think they're loud.
  • In the 7th inning last night, Aubrey Huff dropped an over-the-shoulder pop-up & 2R scored. Tonight in the 7th? Over our shoulders, 2 run HR.
  • The only difference between Matt Wieters and me? 1 HR, 2 RBI's and a heck of a bright baseball future.

Andrew Vazzano of TheRopolitans.com

  • Dear Tim Redding, Just pretend the O's are the Nats. They're close geographically. Thanks, All Mets Fans
  • "Hang in there folks," -Keith Hernandez to fans at "Mets At The Movies"
  • It's raining in Baltimore. Of course, the game just became official. Great timing, Mother Nature.
  • I guess Murphy reads my blog. Today, I wrote about how awful he's been at the plate since Delgado went down. Tonight: 3-3, all singles.
  • Brian Stokes is rustier than...well...something that is rusty.
  • Scratch Aubrey Huff from the list. His own teammates are trying to hurt him while Kevin Burkhardt interviews him. "I'll go ice my back." -AH
  • Tatis made Manuel's decision look bad. Swinging 2-0 after a run was just walked in? Bad choice.

Evan Roberts from The Mid-Day Show On WFAN:

  • Koji [Uehara] perfect through 1...JINX JINX JINX perfect through 1....I SAID PERFECT THROUGH 1..no hitter, no hitter
  • To all my tweetamaniacs I have no idea how to respond to you, so I apologize!
  • Boy these dopey fans really get into the Hot Dog Race on the Diamondvision. I guess a decade worth of losing seasons can do that to ya
  • Murphy 3 for 3...Murphy hater Joe from Clarke will not call show tomorrow
  • 1 for 10 from wright and beltran and we lose...clearly the story is Jerry's decision to lift FMart for Tatis

Think you should've been on the list? Send us your tweets on, duh, twitter or just post them in the comment box!

Enjoy!

0 comments: